After much interest in the United Kingdom, publisher Jacaranda Books have acquired the rights to publish Masande Ntshanga’s acclaimed literary novel The Reactive in the UK and across the Commonwealth.
The Caine Prize-shortlisted author’s debut novel is a poignant, life-affirming story about secrets, memory, chemical abuse and family, and the redemption that comes from facing what haunts us most.
Contracts were negotiated by Aoife Lennon-Ritchie of the Lennon-Ritchie Agency.
A recipient of a Fulbright Award, a Mellon Mays Foundation fellowship, and a Civitella Ranieri fellowship, Ntshanga also won the 2013 PEN International New Voices Award.
- From Brooklyn to Chicago – News from Masande Ntshanga’s US book tour
- North American edition of The Reactive by Masande Ntshanga reviewed by Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Read ‘Space II’ – a new story by Masande Ntshanga
- Cover Revealed for the North American Edition of Masande Ntshanga’s The Reactive
- “I’m the One Who’s Supposed to be Dying”: Excerpt from The Reactive by Masande Ntshanga
- Excerpt from Masande Ntshanga’s “Expedition of Writerly Daring”, The Reactive
- Second International Book Deal for Masande Ntshanga’s The Reactive
- Masande Ntshanga Wins the PEN International / New Voices Award 2013
- Winners of the 2015 Artists In Residency Programme announced – including Masande Ntshanga
- An Honest Imagining: 2015 Barry Ronge Fiction Prize Shortlistee Masande Ntshanga Talks About Writing The Reactive
- 2015 Caine Prize for African Writing Shortlist Announced: Includes South Africans Masande Ntshanga and FT Kola
- “Writers Can’t Control Everything Related to Their Work”: Interview with Masande Ntshanga, Author of The Reactive
- 12 writers from 6 African countries converge in Zambia for the Caine Prize Workshop
» read article